Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First day back at work

Well, being home is quite the adjustment!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my first day back to work since Oct. 31st.

I am a total night owl and on this trip stayed up til 2:00 and 3:00 in the morning every night. WELL, today was the hit in the head with a paddle day.

I couldn't go to sleep last night so I stayed up and wrote the blog til 3:00 am.

THEN at 6:00 am...

Bzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzz

Since I have always had an issue with getting up, I bought the loudest alarm the store had about a year ago and put it across the room so I had to get up to shut it off. The theory here was by putting the alarm across the room, I would be forced to get out of bed and couldn't shut the alarm off in my sleep.

BUT, this morning that fancy alarm and location across the room did not keep me from sleeping til the last possible second. When the alarm went off, I went through in my head what I could cut out of my morning routine and slapped the snooze and crawled right back in and was floating in dreamland within seconds.

BZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The alarm was louder this time. Dang it!!!! That was too fast. So again, I go through the morning routine in my mind and decided drinking Instant Breakfast on the way to work would give me about 25 more minutes of sleep so this time I reset the alarm and said, "Now, shut up!!" As if the alarm could hear me.

Slipped back under my cozy mound of comforters and was off in dreamland again in seconds.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OH, NO!!!!!!!!! Not again!!! There is no way 25 minutes passed!!!

OH, YES, IT DID!!!

EEEEE YIIII YIIIII I can see I have a little adjusting to do to get back into my old routine!!!!

Now, it is 11:05 pm and I just returned from an evening with friends. I am going to crawl in and hopefully go to sleep early tonight!!!

And you thought the adventure was over!! Tomorrow after work, I plan to start the unloading of the entire house I have in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment